Tuesday, December 8, 2009

MARINE SONG

You are alive
You are here
I can touch you
I can feel you near.

(man)
They killed my men,
I gave all I can,
s
Some did fall,
They gave their all

(girl)
You are my hero
You saved some men
You lost your legs,
in the fight,
You gave your all that night

We will get thru this
You are home now
Your children love you.
We will be together now

chrous
I pray for you
for this day
I prayed for you
when you were
in the fray

God got me up
fell to my knees
prayed for you in the night
knew you were in a fight

prayed you would come back
prayed you would survive
I prayed all the time
You came back alive

I prayed night and day
I prayed at work
In the morning
In the night

I been praying
wishing you were here
God got you thru
Now I can hold you near

No comments: